Posted on January 12th, 2017
Indianapolis professional cleaning teams know just how much mess holiday office parties can generate (hint: It’s a lot!) Most business owners, on the other hand, are caught by surprise. Once the excitement of party planning takes over, they forget that what goes up inevitably must come down—including wall decorations, displays, buffets, etc… And let’s not even try to count the spills and crumbs that find their way onto the floor.
If your office is looking even more worse-for-wear than your staff following a succession of holiday parties, you’ve come to the right place. Our Indianapolis professional cleaning team is here to step you through the party cleanup process. Let’s start with a list of supplies you’ll need:
- Extra-strong, large-size trash bags.
- Rubber gloves.
- An all-purpose cleaner (e.g., Mr. Clean).
- A glass cleaner (such as Windex).
- Stainless steel cleaner.
- Cloths or rags.
- A broom and vacuum.
- A mop and mop bucket.
- A duster.
- A toilet bowl brush.
5 Indianapolis Professional Cleaning Steps For Office Parties
1. Collect all of the trash and get it out of the office. This will remove clutter from your path, making it easier to move around as you clean up. Don’t take all of the trash out to the dumpster until you’re done cleaning the office, however. You’re likely to find a few more things that need throwing away as you clean.
2. Start dusting and wiping surface areas. You will want to dust the air vents, curtains, baseboards, tables, counters, bookshelves, window sills, and so on. If you notice any dried spills (or other stuck-on dirt), wipe them away using your all-purpose cleaner and a damp rag or cloth.
3. Check the carpet for spills. If there are spills, you should engage in spot cleaning as soon as possible. If the stains have already set, you’ll need to call in an Indianapolis professional cleaning agency to perform carpet cleaning. Never try to scrub out stubborn stains yourself as you may damage the carpet.
4. Clean the kitchen thoroughly. Begin by taking care of the hard surfaces in the kitchen: Clean the counters, sinks, and appliances. Make sure to clean out the microwave and the fridge as well (the last thing you want is rotten leftovers stinking up the office). Finally, sweep and mop the floor and leave it to dry.
5. Clean out the restrooms. Get a new set of rags/cloths and mop heads before cleaning the restrooms. (This prevents cross-contamination.) Clean out the sink, wipe down the walls (and the walls of the stalls), and clean out the toilets. You should also polish the mirror with glass cleaner. Mop the floor before you leave.
If you’re like most busy business owners, you’re probably thinking one thing right now: “That sounds like a lot of work!” Unfortunately, you’re right—post-party office cleaning can easily chew up an entire day or two of your time. If you’re in a rush to get back to work, you should therefore call in an Indianapolis professional cleaning team to do the job for you. Professional cleaners are generally willing to work during off hours, allowing you to show up to a fresh, clean office in the morning.