Posted on January 20th, 2017
Waking up to a sink full of dishes and several hampers of dirty laundry after a hectic workweek is enough to make anyone wish they had a maid. Unfortunately, most people wrongly assume that good housecleaning is financially unobtainable. They fail to realize that in recent decades, the internet has made reliable, reputable, and highly flexible cleaning services accessible to virtually anyone. Much in the same way that Uber has brought hiring a personal chauffeur out of the domain of the wealthy and into everyday life, online cleaning businesses have made low-cost cleaning services a reality. “But,” You’re probably wondering, “With so many different services available, how will I know if I’m choosing a good one?” The answer? Read on to find out:
The 5 Hallmarks Of A Great Housecleaning Service
1. They have rave reviews. Any house cleaning service worth hiring will be able to provide proof of their quality via positive online reviews. These may take the form of on-site testimonials or Google or Yelp reviews. If a service lacks Google or Yelp reviews, be sure to verify that their on-site testimonials are authentic.
2. They’re willing to let you interview them in person before hiring. This is an important step to take before allowing any service into your home. Interviewing a cleaning service in person will allow you to gauge first-hand their level of professionalism.
3. They have an excellent customer service policy. A cleaning service should be willing to answer inquiries and questions promptly via email, live chat, or phone calls. Additionally, their staff should communicate politely and professionally in fluent English. Remember, communication issues frequently lead to scheduling errors and other inconveniences. Choosing a company you can communicate well with makes everything go more smoothly.
4. They provide a satisfaction guarantee. Any cleaning business that is truly serious about doing a great job will offer a complete money-back guarantee. Some truly exceptional housecleaners, such as 604 Maids, will go above and beyond by offering a 200% money-back guarantee.
5. They will operate on your schedule—not force you to operate on theirs. Housecleaning should add convenience to your life, not detract from it. You should therefore choose a service with good availability that allows you to book appointments easily online. (Furthermore, be sure to avoid cleaning services that try to pressure you into signing an elaborate long-term contract.)
Once you hire the right cleaning service, the only question you’re likely to be asking is why you didn’t do so sooner. As HGTV’s “House Counselor” Laurie March said in an interview with HuffPost Home: “If you can find it in your budget, having a professional address your mess can be life-changing. And, it can free you up to be more functional at other things in your life.” Most people who hire a housecleaning service experience an improvement in their family life and their performance at work. After all, the more rested and refreshed we are, the better we handle life’s challenges. A little cleaning help can, in short, make a big difference.