Posted on November 30th, 2022
It can be challenging to think of merrymaking during the holidays when you’re home is a big hot mess. So stay on top of your household chores and leave room in your calendar for decking the halls and hosting friends and family at home with this Christmas cleaning guide. We guarantee it’ll be a lifesaver this holiday season as it’s filled with expert cleaning tips from the best maid services in Indianapolis.
Entryway, Living, Dining, and Hallways
- Clean windows and treatments, like blinds or curtains.
- Sweep, vacuum, and mop all floors. Pay attention to areas under the furniture.
- Spot clean stains on carpets and rugs.
- Dust and wipe mirrors, wall decors, shelves, consoles, coffee tables, and other surfaces.
- Clean baseboards with a damp cleaning rag.
- Wipe down doors, knobs, and light switches.
- Declutter the entryway and make space for guest coats and shoes.
- Set up a clean doormat to trap dust and dirt from outdoor shoes.
- Wash throw pillows, blankets, and removable cushion covers.
Kitchen Christmas Cleaning
- Deep clean kitchen sink and garbage disposal.
- Wipe down surfaces and deep clean stained grout on countertops.
- Deep clean your dishwasher.
- Deep clean the oven, microwave, coffee maker, and other small kitchen appliances.
- Declutter your pantry and make an inventory of supplies you still have and need to replenish.
- Declutter and deep clean your fridge. Make space for fresh ingredients for Christmas dinner recipes and leftovers.
- Wash, dry, and fold kitchen towels, pot holders, aprons, and oven mitts.
- Take out trash and replace the liners of garbage bins.
- Sweep and mop kitchen floors.
- Green cleaning tip: use baking soda, vinegar, or lemon to clean and disinfect surfaces and neutralize unpleasant odors.
Bathroom Cleaning Tips
- Clean the sink, toilet, tub, and shower from soap scum and mineral deposits.
- Clean mirrors and glass shower enclosure with a glass cleaner to remove hard water stains and spots.
- Declutter your vanity of expired or empty products.
- Stock up the cabinets with fresh and clean towels and washcloths.
- Wash shower curtains in the washing machine.
- Replenish supply of hand soap, bath soap, shampoo, and other hygiene products.
- Put a toiletry kit filled with travel-sized products in the guest’s bathroom.
- Deep clean shower head and faucets.
- Vacuum and mop the floors.
- Clean windows.
- Wash curtains and bedding.
- Make the bed with freshly laundered linens.
- Remove all your stuff from the guest bedroom.
- Make the guest bedroom more welcoming by putting on slippers, soothing scented candles, and reading materials, like books and magazines.
Got Fur Babies? Extra Home Cleaning Tips to Get Rid of Bad Pet Odor
- Clean pee and poo with a pet-friendly enzyme-based cleaner to eliminate funky pet odor and prevent messy mishaps.
- Vacuum the couch and bed.
- Wash pet beds, cushions, and rugs where they stay.
- Wash and disinfect crates, toys, feeding, and drinking bowls.
- Deodorize the carpet by sprinkling baking soda on the surface. Let it stay for at least 45 minutes. Vacuum rigorously after.
Get the Gift of Premium Home Cleaning for Christmas!
This holiday season, make more time for merrymaking and less time for scrubbing with Deluxemaid. Let the best house cleaners in Indianapolis take care of your Christmas cleaning. Give yourself a chance to focus on things that matter more, like spending quality time with your loved ones, getting that well-deserved me-time you’ve always wanted, or spotting spectacular Christmas lights displays in Indy.