Posted on May 31st, 2019
With the exception of maybe the kitchen, the bathroom is the single most sensitive area in a home. After all, we can’t keep clean, and therefore can’t stay healthy, if the place we rely on for hygiene is less than hygienic itself.
Hiring professional cleaners in Indianapolis to expertly clean your bathroom is certainly the easiest way to make your bathroom sparkle. After all, who can do it better than the pros?
But what are their secrets? Read on to find out.
How often do you clean the bathroom?
A regular home should ideally be cleaned twice a week. This, of course, includes the bathroom. That being said, just like the rest of your place, bathrooms are affected by outside factors that determine how quickly (or slowly) they get dirty.
These factors include:
- Location directly affects how much dirt gets in a home. For example, downtown apartments typically get much more dust than countryside homes do.
- Where residents work is directly related to bathroom cleanliness. After all, people who are employed in industries that involve a lot of hands-on work (laborers, car repairmen, plumbers, etc.) will end up getting a lot more dirt on themselves and their clothes than the librarians at the Indianapolis Public Library ever will. This means that their bathtubs or showers, for example, will need to be cleaned more often.
- Resident habits are a big one. Some people are just naturally more (or less) tidy. This causes dirt build-up, which necessitates extra cleaning.
- Presence of pets, especially if they’re the furry kind, will require you to pick up loose hairs more often.
Whatever your situation, you must always make sure to use dependable ISSA-approved cleaning products when cleaning your bathroom. Quality cleaning products are not only more effective and better for your health, but they also tend to smell better and be easier to use.
What happens when you don’t clean your bathroom?
Where do we even begin? Dirt and dampness in the bathroom can result in mold growth. Not only does black mold on your walls look disgusting, but it can also smell bad and cause chronic respiratory problems in the long run.
An unkempt toilet is an absolute nightmare because it’s an excellent breeding ground for a vast assortment of harmful bacteria, fungi, and parasites. A dirty shower or bathtub can accumulate similar nastiness that can then cause all sorts of terrible infections.
To top it all off, a badly cleaned bathroom stinks. Terribly so. Even if your home is otherwise clean, the smell from a filthy bathroom can easily spread to the point where your neighbors can smell it too. Whatever you do, never let dirt accumulate in your bathroom.
How do I deep clean my bathroom?
Deep cleaning is an extra-thorough type of cleaning that’s normally done two or three times a year. Alongside the kitchen, bathroom is an extra-important area, so special attention must be paid to it during deep cleaning.
How to deep clean a bathroom:
- Thoroughly air the place.
- Clean from top to bottom so that dust and grime falls to the floor where it can be easily vacuumed later on.
- Clean all light fixtures.
- Wash, scrub, and disinfect the bathtub and the toilet.
- Clean the mirrors with a glass cleaner.
- Mop, vacuum, and disinfect the bathroom tiles.
- Scrub the heater (don’t forget to clean the dust behind it).
- Clean and disinfect showerheads and faucets.
- Clean behind the sink and the bathtub.
- Wash the shower curtains.
- Empty the medicine cabinets and thoroughly clean them.
- Clean your soap and toothbrush holders.
Who are the most trusted cleaners in Indianapolis?
Here at DeluxeMaid, we pride ourselves on being the top cleaning company in Indianapolis. The cleaners we work with are the best in the business. What’s more, our easy booking system enables you to schedule a cleaning in under a minute.
Book your service today, or give us a call if you have more questions. We’d love to make your bathroom sparkle!