Posted on July 31st, 2019
With the exception of the kitchen, your bathroom is the single most sensitive area in your home. It’s where most of your hygiene takes place, so naturally you should go the extra mile to ensure you clean your bathroom to the highest standard during your house cleaning in Carmel, Indiana.
In the following article, we’ll answer some common bathroom cleaning questions, and give you a few tips and tricks on how to keep your bathroom pristine. Read on to learn more.
How do I get rid of stains in my bathroom?
Few things look as gross as a dingy bathtub or a dirty toilet. Worse, stained or moisture-ridden bathroom surfaces are fertile ground for dangerous molds that can cause you or your loved ones to develop serious respiratory conditions.
Different bathroom areas require different cleaning methods. Here are a few:
- Soap scum can be cleaned by coating the stained area with white vinegar and letting it sit for 10 minutes. This will make scrubbing it off much easier.
- Grout should be removed with a mix of baking soda and white vinegar. Let this paste sit on the grouted area for 10 minutes, then scrub it away using an old tooth or nail brush.
- Limescale on taps and fittings should be soaked in white vinegar for 10 minutes, then scrubbed with an old toothbrush. Afterward, rinse the surfaces using a wet sponge and polish them.
How do I get my tub white again?
Polishing a bathtub will cause it to retain its luster, and make it look new and well-maintained. Do this every four months or so for optimal results. Unlike upholstery and sofa cleaning, this will also have the added benefit of preventing harmful molds and fungi from developing inside your home.
The four steps to a sparkling white bathtub:
- Step 1: Clean the bathtub using a wet cloth or sponge. Wet it afterward and spray it with your cleaner of choice, then let it sit for 10 minutes before wiping it all away.
- Step 2: Apply a small amount of urethane-based polish on your cleaning cloth.
- Step 3: Circle-rub the polish into the tub’s surface.
- Step 4: Rub the entire bathtub again with a dry, clean cloth to remove any excess polish.
How do you get yellow stains out of a bathtub?
This depends on what type of bathtub you have. For the vast majority of situations, distilled white vinegar will do. After the vinegar has broken down the stains (takes 10-20 minutes), wipe them away with a soft sponge. Add baking soda for especially stubborn stains.
Can bleach damage a bathtub?
Depends on the type of tub. Acrylic and enamel bathtubs can’t withstand harsh chemicals like bleach, so make sure you use a gentle cleaning solution such as distilled white vinegar and bleach-free commercial cleaning sprays or shower cleaners.
Porcelain bathtubs are much hardier, so feel free to clean them using abrasive cleaning powders. Tough stains can also be removed using a homemade mix of hydrogen peroxide and cream of tartar. Regardless of what cleaning solution you use, don’t forget to open a window or otherwise ventilate the bathroom while you clean.
Who are the finest house cleaning experts in Carmel, Indiana?
So what if you don’t have the time or the energy to give your bathroom the attention it needs? That’s where DeluxeMaid comes in! Every cleaner we work with is a second-to-none expert who knows the ins and outs of the cleaning business like the back of their hand.
By using our simple online booking form to schedule a cleaning, you’ll not only be getting a spotless home, you’ll also be receiving the gift of free time that you can use to relax or do some casual shopping at the Carmel City Center.
Contact us today. We’re eager to meet you.