Posted on June 27th, 2019
Just like the bathroom, keeping your kitchen clean is crucial. After all, it’s where the most, if not all of your food is prepared, and the last thing you want is to do your cooking in a place where dangerous microbes and mold can flourish.
Of course, hiring the best house cleaning service Indianapolis has to offer is the easiest and most effective way to ensure your kitchen is sparkling clean and germ-free. This will also give you the leisure time to, for example, relax with your family at Brookside Park.
But how do these professional cleaners do it? What are their secrets? In this article, we’ll look at some of the kitchen-cleaning techniques used by the experts. Keep reading to learn more.
What is the fastest way to clean a kitchen?
Kitchen cleaning follows many of the cleaning rules that apply to the rest of your home. The best way to speed up your cleaning is to plan ahead and organize your cleaning in a way that avoids unnecessarily wasting time and energy.
Top three ways to speed up your kitchen cleaning:
- Gather the needed cleaning products in one place (an easy-to-carry basket is ideal) and bring it with you to the kitchen. This way, you’ll avoid repeated trips to the laundry room and have everything you need within easy reach.
- Top-to-bottom cleaning approach. This means you should always clean the highest cupboards and light fixtures first, and gradually work your way down to the floor. By doing this, you’ll cause all the dirt and dust to drift down to the floor where it can be easily vacuumed up at the end of the cleaning.
- Have your household help out. Do you have children? Why not use this opportunity to teach your kids to clean and also make the cleaning easier for yourself? Just remember to reward them (and yourself) with some treats later on.
Of course, since cleaning your kitchen correctly is so important for your and your family’s health, always make sure to use well-tested household products. Not only are quality supplies more efficient, but they also tend to be easier to use and have nicer aromas.
What is the proper way to clean a kitchen?
In addition to the advice above, using an effective kitchen cleaning checklist will ensure you never miss anything. In fact, you don’t even have to make a checklist of your own, because we’ve prepared one for you here.
A standard kitchen cleaning checklist includes:
- Clear the countertops and remove all items that do not belong in the kitchen.
- Put all the dirty dishes in the dishwater and soak all the things that need soaking (microwave turntable, dish drainer, etc.).
- Spray the countertops and cooktop with an all-purpose cleaner.
- Take expired food out of the fridge and throw it away.
- Wipe down the cabinets and clear the interior of the microwave.
- Wipe down the countertops and cooktop.
- Clean the vertical surfaces of appliances.
- Wipe down lower drawers and cabinet doors.
- Wash the dishes and clean the sink.
- Throw out the trash.
- Mop and vacuum the floor.
How do I deep clean my kitchen?
A deep cleaning is a type of extra-thorough cleaning that aims at dealing with the deeply ingrained dirt that regular cleaning cannot remove. It’s typically done only a few times a year. Needless to say, a kitchen should always be given extra attention during deep cleaning.
While deep cleaning a kitchen, you should:
- Wash and disinfect the faucets.
- Wash and disinfect the sinks.
- Extensively scrub and disinfect the cooktop.
- Take out all contents and clean the inside of the fridge, freezer, and dishwasher.
- Clean the dust and dirt behind appliances such as the fridge.
- Clean inside the toaster.
- Scrub the floor tiles.
- Clean and disinfect the door handles.
What’s the best Indianapolis-based house cleaning service?
There is only one true answer to this question: Deluxe Maid. Between our modern online booking system and our total client satisfaction guarantee, there is no doubt that you will be 100% happy with the cleaning you receive.
Reach out to us today. We can’t wait to show you why we’re on the top.