Posted on February 14th, 2023
Like other parts of your home, you need to deep clean your living room occasionally. It involves a more intensive house cleaning routine that’s perfect for eliminating dust and other allergens, getting rid of stinky odors, or disinfecting your spaces after having guests over, for example, after celebrating Thanksgiving or Christmas season.
Step-By-Step Guide For Deep Cleaning The Living Room
- Declutter. Start by removing any clutter or items that don’t belong in the living room. Put away toys, books, magazines, and other items lying around.
- Dust off visible surfaces, including coffee tables, end tables, and shelves. Use a microfiber cloth and a step ladder to reach tight spaces and corners.
- Clean windows and mirrors. Use a streak-free glass cleaner and a squeegee for a sparkling finish. You can also use vinegar and water to clean your windows as a green home cleaning alternative.
- Tackle upholstery. Vacuum sofas and chairs, especially if you have pets that shed. If there are any noticeable stains or spills, spot-clean them using mild soap and warm water. Wash cases of throw pillows and blankets in the washer.
- Deep clean rugs and carpets. Vacuum rugs or carpets in the living room. Spot clean stains. Sprinkle the surface with baking soda to give it a quick refresh and then vacuum again. If necessary, have them professionally cleaned.
- Vacuum and mop the floors. Always clean top to bottom, focusing on the floors last. Make sure to get into every nook and cranny and pay extra attention to high-traffic areas. Got a feline friend at home? Read How to Remove the Smell of Cat Pee on carpets and hardwood floors.
- Organize. Once you’ve cleaned everything, take the time to put things back in their proper place, and the space looks tidy and organized.
How Often Should You Deep Clean Your Living Room?
Ideally, you want to deep clean your home at least two to three times each year. However, this varies per household depending on many unique factors, including:
- How many people do you share the space with
- What kind of lifestyle do you have? Are you super busy with no time to clean on weekends, or are you good at maintaining your home?
- Do you have pets?
- Do you have children?
- Does anyone in the family have asthma, allergies, or similar medical conditions?
Generally, these things can affect how quickly your living space can get messy and how long you can tolerate it.
Professional Deep Cleaning Service by Deluxemaid
Aside from our standard residential cleaning service, Deluxemaid also offers deep cleaning services where our cleaners do a more thorough cleaning.
Don’t worry if you’ve got a hectic schedule. Give us a call, and our customer service reps will do their best to find a top-notch cleaner available for you at any time. We have the best professional house cleaners in Indianapolis and other cities, such as Carmel, Fishers, Plainfield, Avon, Zionsville, Lawrence, and Brownsburg.