Posted on July 21st, 2022
Scrubbing your sink is a non-negotiable when cleaning your kitchen. From tackling greasy pots and pans, washing fresh produce from the farmer’s market, and watering your beloved houseplants, your kitchen sink goes through a lot every day and therefore deserves proper cleaning and maintenance.
Different kitchen sinks require specific cleaning techniques to prevent irreversible damage. So make sure you follow the best one for your sink. In this article, our home cleaners in Indy share expert tips on how to deep clean every type of kitchen sink.
How to Clean Stainless Steel Sink
Stainless steel sinks are more heavy-duty than others and less susceptible to staining or rusting. However, using bleach-based cleaning products and abrasive scrubbing tools to clean a stainless steel sink can damage its protective coating and finish.
Check out this step-by-step guide for deep cleaning your stainless steel sink.
- Cover your sink with a thin layer of baking soda.
- Fill your sponge with a bit of dish soap and hot water.
- Start by scrubbing the sides of the sink down, directing the scum and grime into the drain. Rinse with tap water.
- Wipe dry and buff with a microfiber cloth to prevent hard water stains from forming.
How to Clean a White Kitchen Sink
White kitchen sinks are very aesthetic and are a classic choice. They go well with whatever interior style you have, and because white is bright and reflective, they can give the illusion that your keep your kitchen sparkling clean all the time.
The only downside of white kitchen sinks is that they are vulnerable to rusting and staining. Spills and splatters of pasta sauces or red wine can leave a permanent mark if you’re not proactive.
Follow these steps on how to deep clean your white kitchen sink.
- Wipe the sink with a damp cloth.
- Sprinkle baking soda all over, making sure you’ve got everything covered.
- Pour a few drops of hydrogen peroxide over the baking soda.
- Gently scrub with a soft brush or sponge, focusing on stubborn stains, rust, and soap scum.
- Rinse with water from the tap and wipe dry.
Tips for Cleaning a Porcelain Kitchen Sink
A porcelain sink can give your kitchen a premium look because of its elegant glossy finish. However, like white kitchen sinks, they require special care and maintenance to prevent rusting and staining permanently.
Here’s how to clean a porcelain kitchen sink.
- Cut up a lemon in half and sprinkle with salt.
- Use it to scrub directly on stains and patches of rust.
- Put dish soap in a sponge and scrub gently.
- Rinse with warm water.
- Wipe and buff with a microfiber cloth.
Book a Professional Home Cleaning in Indianapolis
Do you want to keep your sink and the rest of your kitchen clean but have no time? We got you! Why bother about how to deep clean your kitchen sink like a pro when you can let the DeluxeMaid do it for you!
We’re a trusted cleaning service in Carmel, Fisher, Avon, Plainfield, and other nearby areas. We are best known for our top-notch team of insured, bonded, and background-checked cleaners. We offer residential and deep cleaning services at reasonable rates.
Feel free to use our online booking platform to get a free estimate. Or if you prefer to do it on the phone, please call (317) 721-1105. It’s quicker and easier, and you get $20 off.