Posted on March 28th, 2018
We all know that keeping the bathroom clean and tidy can sometimes feel like a never-ending chore. However, with the right tips and tricks, you can make this task a breeze and have your bathroom sparkling in no time. In this guide, we will explore some time-saving cleaning hacks that will help you maintain a fresh and hygienic bathroom without spending hours scrubbing and disinfecting. These also make effective strategies for maintaining your space in between visits from your trusted professional house cleaners in Indianapolis.
How to clean limescale from showerhead in the bathroom.
- Pour a cup of vinegar and water into a plastic bag.
- Put it over the shower head by securing it with a twist tie or a rubber band. Make sure it’s completely submerged in the liquid solution.
- Let it sit for at least half an hour (overnight is better) take the bag off, and rinse it with hot water.
Wash Toothbrush Holder
If it’s dishwasher-friendly, go ahead and put it in the top rack and run a normal washing cycle. On the other hand, if it’s not, wash it by hand by soaking it in mouthwash for a couple of minutes. Then scrub vigorously with an old toothbrush, and rinse in running water.
Polish Chrome Fixtures
Make your chrome-plated faucets and other bathroom fixtures with an ingenious cleaning hack using shaving cream. Rub the product thoroughly on the surfaces and then wipe using a damp cloth. That should give it a glistening finish.
Clean Bathroom Mirrors
Bathroom mirrors tend to get dirty and fog up. Again, shaving cream can be your versatile friend when it comes to bathroom cleaning.
- Apply the shaving cream onto the mirror using a paper towel.
- Let it sit for a few minutes. Then using a wet rag or paper towel, take the product off the mirror. Rinse and buff dry with a dry rag.
Aside from being crystal clear, this cleaning hack also helps prevent your mirror from getting cloudy no matter how many steamy, hot showers you take.
Wash Shower Curtains
Instead of wiping mildew from the liner of your shower curtain, a quicker strategy would be to toss it into the washing machine for proper cleaning.
- Run it on a normal cycle, using regular detergent but add half a cup of baking soda to remove any funky odors.
- Pro tip: throw in a couple of towels with your shower curtain to help rub it clean while protecting the liner at the same time. Rehang them in the bathroom as usual and leave them to dry.
Clean Tiles and Grout
Dingy and moldy tiles and grout in the bathroom may seem impossible to clean, but it’s easier than it looks. Just mix equal parts vinegar and water. Transfer the mixture to a spray bottle, and spray liberally on the affected areas. The key to this cleaning hack is to let the solution dry completely before rinsing. If there are some persistent black spots, and there often are, make a paste out of vinegar and baking soda. Mix them in a small cup, then use an old toothbrush to strip away the gunk.
Dealing with a Clogged Drain
Alka Seltzer works magic with a clogged drain. Simply drop a couple of tablets in, let it fizz for about 15 minutes, and flush with hot water.
Make Your Toilet Shine Like It’s New!
It’s Alka Seltzer time again! Two tablets, a fifteen-minute fizz, and a thorough rub down with the toilet scrub. Flush after brushing, and you’ll have a shiny new toilet bowl.
Hate Cleaning? Let The Best Professional Cleaners in Indy Do It For You!
If you really hate scrubbing bathrooms, the best cleaners in Indianapolis are here to help. DeluxeMaid boasts the best cleaning professionals in the business. Not only can we make your bathroom spick and span in an instant, but they can help out with all sorts of house cleaning you don’t have time to tend to. From standard cleaning, deep cleaning, move-in/move-out cleaning, or post-construction deep clean, we can do it all for you!