Posted on September 15th, 2016
What do you do when you have five minutes to spare? Do you idly browse Facebook or Instagram, flip through all the series and movies Netflix or HBO has to offer or start tapping your foot, impatiently waiting for your partner or child to hurry up and get ready?
Get to Work With These Easy 5-Minute Cleaning Tasks
If, like most of us, you find yourself frustrated in equal measure by the many minutes you waste waiting around each day and how difficult it is to find a solid block of time to devote to house cleaning, you’ll be delighted to discover just how much you can do with five minutes of focus work! Check out these house cleaning tasks that can be completed in five minutes or less.
- Load the dishwasher or put away already-clean dishes.
- Wipe down the top of your counters, stove, and table.
- Wipe out the interior of your microwave.
- Clean out the sink.
- Declutter the table and counters and put objects back in their proper places
- Recycle any junk mail lying around.
Living Room Cleaning
- Remove any visible clutter, such as books, magazines, toys, and articles of clothing.
- Arrange the couch cushions properly.
- Dust off surfaces, such as tabletops, lampshades, and television.
- Make your bed if you haven’t already done so.
- Tidy up any clothing items lying around in the hamper.
- Put on a load of laundry.
- Organize the items on your nightstand, vanity, and/or dresser.
- Spot clean and polish the mirror.
- Quickly wipe out the bathtub and sink to keep soap scum from accumulating.
- Declutter the counter and/or organize the cabinet under the sink.
- Empty the wastebasket and wipe up any dust and grime that have settled around the wastebasket and toilet.
Now, once you have gotten into the habit of filling in formerly “idle” time with quick and easy cleaning tasks, you’ll notice that your house has become much cleaner and feel more productive. Plus, you’ll probably be more patient with that one family member who seems to take forever to get ready in the mornings or make it down to the dinner table.
Book the Best Professional Home Cleaning Service in Indianapolis
However, if, despite your best efforts, you still don’t have enough time to do these five-minute house cleaning tasks, it may be time to consider calling in a professional cleaning service. If you lack so much as five or ten free minutes during your busy days, then what precious little spare time you have should be spent relaxing and letting someone else clean up.
Are you looking for a reliable cleaning service near you? DeluxeMaid house cleaners are always at your service. We offer premium cleaning services in Indianapolis and other surrounding areas. Our cleaning partners are highly experienced and vetted to guarantee customer safety and satisfaction.
Ready for a clean home? Book a home cleaning today.